Being a Lifeline volunteer is very rewarding but also requires significant commitment. Potential volunteers need to attend an information session to find out more about the recruitment and training process – this will help you to make an informed decision before taking on the role.
To become an accredited Crisis Supporter, you must complete specialist Crisis Supporter Workplace Training (CSWT). This training costs our organisation $2900 per person, including a contribution of $600 from all new volunteers.
The CSWT program comprises:
- a 6-week training course run from 9am – 5pm on Saturdays
- online learning modules
- face-to-face assessment and observation shifts.
Annual accreditation requirements:
- minimum of 92 hours on the Lifeline phones
- minimum of 8 hours professional development (organised by Lifeline)
- regular supervision and call coaching
- National Police Clearance every two years.